Thank you for your interest in Colorado Northwestern Community College Aviation Technology Flight program We have been teaching people how to fly airplanes for over forty years. Here, you’ll discover a national-caliber program with well-seasoned instructors, state of the art aircraft, miles of unrestricted air space, and a nationally-ranked intercollegiate flight team.
The Flight program is based out of Rangely Airport, a county facility managed by CNCC, just two miles from the main campus. The program offers all levels of flight training and certification from Private Pilot all the way to Flight Instructor certification.
New in 2014 in conjunction with Metro State University in Denver, CNCC can offer the flight training portion of a BA in aerospace from MSU. Our flexible summer schedule allows flight students to complete their commercial certification in the summers between the school year at MSU.
For more information about the Summer Flight Program
What sets CNCC Aviation apart?
- Great location in Northwestern Colorado – wide open airspace – where you learn “Mountain Flying” on every flight
- Small ratio of instructors to students so you have more individual attention
- Costs are among the lowest in the nation for degree flight programs
- Aero Club membership in the National Intercollegiate Flying Association which provides funding for students to practice for and participate in regional and national flight competitions
- Credit for prior learning and flexibility of start times through independent study
- Good weather that allows us to fly 320+ days out of the year
- Flight instruction outside of the degree program (ACE – Aviation Continuing Education)
- Get an Associate of Applied Science or Associate of General Studies degree while learning to fly
- Financial Aid applicable
- On-campus housing just two miles from the airport
- College-owned fleet of aircraft
Online Pilot Stores: