Looking for a Unique Marine Science Program?
In the high desert of the Colorado Plateau students are able to begin their academic journey to a degree in marine sciences. With an emphasis on small class sizes, hands-on learning, scholarship opportunities, and money-saving transfer agreements, students have a hard time finding reasons not to start their marine science journey at CNCC.
Why Study Marine Science At CNCC?
- Small class and lab sizes build a sense of community and support to help you achieve your full potential.
- You will obtain your open water diving certification within your first year. This is necessary for most marine science labs at major four year universities.
- You will gain real scientific diving experience during your second year.
- You will visit a marine lab to conduct field observations and experiments, giving you the technical know-how necessary for studying marine sciences.
- Your classes will utilize the amazing geology of Colorado to learn about Earth’s processes that influence the ocean.
- Our Marine Science Club offers place-based field experience opportunities beyond the classroom to expand your real-world skills, understanding, and appreciation for the marine sciences.
Where can I transfer after I finish my two-year degree at CNCC?
As a part of the WUE system, CNCC offers direct credit transfers to over 75 four-year universities with the WUE tuition discount. Former CNCC graduates have gone on to study at Humboldt University in California, University of Hawai’i Manoa, University of Hawai’i Hilo. By starting your education at CNCC and transferring to a WUE institution, students can save up to $40,000 on their four-year education.
What can I do with a Marine Science Degree?
Marine science encompasses many different field of science ranging from marine biology to engineering. Begin your exploration of careers at www.marinecareers.net
Email: Dr. Mario Sullivan
Phone: (970) 675-3252