1. Apply for Admission to CNCC
2. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Applying for a FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature. Both the student and one parent will need a FSA ID.
- Submit the FAFSA online
- Federal School Code for CNCC is 001359
- Within 1 week of submitting your FAFSA you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) in your email. Review the information for accuracy.
- If your SAR states that you have been selected for “federal verification”, the Financial Aid office will notify you of what documents are needed. In most cases a signed tax transcript (you must obtain from the IRS) for 2 years prior will be needed as well as a completed copy of the Federal Verification Worksheet (this will be provided by the Financial Aid office or available under “financial aid” on the dashboard of Crossroads).
3. CNCC Scholarship Application
Available online under “Scholarship Central”
Must include a current high school transcript and follow with a final after graduation.
4. Complete the Verification Process
- Complete the Verification Process
Either the Department of Education or the school may select your application for Verification. This process is used to prove the accuracy of information reported on the FAFSA. The SAR will indicate if you have been selected for verification. You can obtain verification paperwork by going to the financial aid office, Crossroads or we can mail the required forms to you. A specific list of the documents needed to complete the process will be mailed to you. Carefully answer all of the questions on the worksheet(s). The completed form(s) and all related documents, including signed tax transcripts, must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible. If you downloaded your tax information directly from the IRS a tax transcript will not be needed. Information not received within three weeks will render your file inactive.
- Await notification from the Financial Aid office.
- The FAFSA processor will send us your information electronically. We will review your FAFSA data, and if necessary, request additional documentation to verify your information.
- Once we have received and evaluated all documentation, we will notify you of your financial aid award by sending you an award letter. Once the school year has begun all financial aid information will be sent to the student’s college assigned email account.
- Although not financial aid, all Colorado Residents should be sure that they have registered with the College Opportunity Fund to use their tuition assistance stipend.
Questions? Need assistance and/or forms?
Financial Aid Director
Phone: (970) 675-3204
Financial Aid Technician
Phone: (970) 824-1125