Financial Aid

The Financial Aid office exists to financially enable students to pursue their educational goals and objectives. Every ethical effort is made to assist all eligible students to the extent funding will permit.

Colorado Northwestern Community College offers a variety of financial assistance programs for both full-time and part-time students. These programs include Grants, Work-Study, Scholarships, and Loans with approximately 75% of our students receiving some form of assistance. Although CNCC has an open application policy and will accept applications throughout the year, students submitting their files by the priority deadline date of May 1st are given first consideration. Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis after May 1st.

Our office is located in the Johnson Building Student Services Center and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.  Students attending through distance education or who are unable to come to the on-campus location, can call 800-562-1105, ext. 3204, or email infocentral [at] cncc [dot] edu and reference Financial Aid in the subject line.

How Financial Aid Works
Financial aid, once awarded and accepted, is simply viewed as a payment against your student account or bill. You do not have to accept grant awards as they are automatically accepted, but if you want work-study or loans to help pay for school there will be a couple of extra steps you will need to take.

Financial aid is disbursed onto the student’s accounts receivable account after the drop date of the student’s classes, so this date may not be the same for everyone. Once the money is disbursed to the accounts receivable account and the bill is paid any money left over will be refunded to the student within 14 days through the Higher One debit card.

It is important to remember that you do have to maintain good grades and make good progress toward the completion of your degree in order to keep your financial aid. In the event that you do not complete the full semester you might owe some of your financial aid back to the U. S. Department of Education.