- CNCC Community
- Faculty & Staff
- About CNCC
2 – Year Guaranteed Admission Program - Associate of SCience
Guaranteed admission to the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program will be granted to students who attend Colorado Northwestern Community College, earn an Associate of Science Degree over the course of two consecutive academic years, and meet all the terms and conditions outlined below. *Courses are required by the DH program to graduate with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Dental Hygiene.
Terms and Conditions
1. Student must declare intent to participate in the program by submitting a Guaranteed Admission Program Application, a Letter of Self-Recommendation and three Letters of Reference to the Dental Hygiene Program Chair at the beginning of enrollment at CNCC. Application to the GA Program requires a $500.00 deposit, which will be applied to tuition and fees during the first term of enrollment in the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program. This deposit is non-refundable if the student fails to meet the terms and conditions of the Guaranteed Admission Program.
2. Guaranteed admission into CNCC's Dental Hygiene Program is dependent upon successful completion of all courses with a grade of "C" or better. In addition, an earned grade point average of 2.8 or higher on all prerequisite courses and general education courses applicable to the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Dental Hygiene is required for admission to the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program. All classes must be complete and meet these standards by the end of spring semester preceeding admission to the Dental Hygiene Program.
3. Prerequisite courses and general education courses applicable to the AAS in Dental Hygiene taken through online delivery or through independent study will not be accepted under the Guaranteed Admission Program.
4. A maximum of 15 credits will be accepted in transfer under the Associate of Science Guaranteed Admission Program, excluding BIO 201, BIO 202, BIO 204, CHE 101 and CHE 102. These science courses must be completed at a CNCC campus.
5. DEH 175 and HPR 180 can be waived upon request with evidence of work experience in a dental office. To request a waiver, submit a Verification of Dental Office Experience form to the Dental Hygiene Program (form available on the CNCC Dental Hygiene Application Procedure website page, #5 Dental Office Experience.)
6. Student must be in good academic standing to be admitted to the Dental Hygiene Program.
Students wishing more information about the Guaranteed Admission Program or any step in the process should contact: