What is Information Technology Services?
The department of Information Technology Services (ITS) provides students, faculty, and staff with an innovative, customer-centered, and reliable foundation for technology solutions
in higher education. ITS is more than desktop support. ITS creates an infrastructure to manage projects, track the implementation of technological goals, and to ensure that systems
operate efficiently with little down time.
How do I file a ticket?
ITS uses a ticket-based system for completing IT requests by students, faculty and staff. To use this ticket system properly, it is important to understand the structure of ITS (explained below). Tickets can be completed by going to helpdesk.cncc.edu. Please be sure to select the appropriate department when completing your ticket, and provide as much detail as possible. Often a screenshot of the issue is the best way to diagnose an issue. There are many ways to take a screenshot on different computers and operating systems. YouTube is a good source for learning this task.
Organization of ITS
ITS works with every department at the college. To ensure a timely response to faculty, staff, and student needs, ITS is divided into the following groups:
ITS employs a desktop support specialist at both the Rangely and Craig campuses. These individuals will address desktop support needs, administer college software, and troubleshoot common issues such as printers, scanners, service access, and password resets.
In every classroom, faculty are encouraged to use technology to facilitate learning. When faculty or students need help with this technology, the Instructional Technology Support Specialist will resolve your issues. Areas of expertise include: Desire2Learn, lecture capture, interactive classroom technology such as smart boards and clickers,
Networking and Telecommunications
The IT Director designs and maintains all network solutions for the college.
CNCC employs a webmaster to design, implement and update the www.cncc.edu domain. This webmaster will provide training and support for content contributors on the content management system employed by the college.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN):VPN gives CCCS users the ability to access network resources (CCCS WAN, I Drive, S Drive, CCCS email, etc.) from computers connected to outside networks.
- Redmine: Issue-based project management systems. Currently a work-in-progress, in use by small pilot groups. Login at http://track.cncc.edu with your domain account. Contact IT Director if there is a need to create a new project, or for more information on project management.
- Perceptis Help Desk
- 24/7 technical helpdesk available to all students and faculty.
- http://help.cccs.edu or 888.800.9198
- Portal password reset, Portal login problems
- Student email access, email setup
- Desire2Learn access, navigation, course files, and discussions
- OS Ticket: For routine help requests that are internal to CNCC. Use help topics and departments as a guide for completing tickets. We try our hardest to respond within 24 hours.