Few places on earth offer the solitude, freedom, and adventure like Northwest Colorado. With more than 300 sunny days a year, it is easy to explore some of the most diverse terrain in all of Colorado.
As a student at Colorado Northwestern Community College, you can expect to live in a safe environment while you get an education. In your free time, however, here are 10 activities that every student should do before leaving CNCC:
- Explore more than 50 different petroglyph sites in the region.
- Raft down the Green, Yampa, or Colorado River
- Ski at one of the many resorts just a few hours from campus. Best options include Powderhorn, Steamboat Springs, Aspen, Jackson Hole, Park City, and Telluride.
- Ice climb on the campus tower and then test your skills in Ouray, Colorado.
- Visit Dinosaur National Monument and marvel at nearly 1,500 dinosaur fossils visible in the Carnegie Quarry
- Float down the White River in an inner tube
- Go mountain biking in the high desert
- Climb the Challenge Course
- Photograph the many wild mammals in the area including Antelope, Wild Horses, and Elk.
- Discover the joy of being isolated in the outdoors.
Health and Wellness
According to a Gallup poll in 2013, Colorado residents have the second highest well-being in the nation. That means if you live in Colorado there is a good chance that you will be healthy. With a new hospital in both Craig and Rangely, any issue that you might encounter is easily addressed.