Purposes of Safe Campus Coordinator’s Office
- Detect and prevent fire, safety and health hazards.
- Detect, prevent and deter theft, intrusion, vandalism, or other criminal or unauthorized activity
- Assist CNCC employees ,students and visitors (escorts, motorist assists, building lockouts).
- Respond to emergencies.
- Observe and report campus violations, unusual events and occurrences.
- Investigate violations of College policies and procedures.
Basic Emergency Information
In any emergency, the first step is to take care of yourself.
In case of an emergency call 911. If you want to report an incident, please call the Safe Campus Coordinator at 675-3329. Closely follow any instructions received. Do not hang up until you are sure no further information is needed.
To report an emergency, state, “This is an emergency.” Then give the following information:
- The nature of the emergency
- Your full name
- The number from which you are calling
- Your location
Safety and Emergency Precautions for Persons with Disabilities
Safety of all persons is the top priority of the Safe Campus Coordinator Department. Persons with disabilities have special needs and challenges in the event of an emergency. Preparation is the key. If you have a disability and might require assistance in an emergency, create a plan with volunteers from your respective work areas (e.g. classrooms and/or offices) for assistance to safe evacuation areas outside of the buildings in the event of an emergency.
The campus community can help by assuring that persons with disabilities receive emergency warnings and are not forgotten during the response effort.