CNCC has two routes by which students are accepted into the Dental Hygiene Program
- Guaranteed Admission Program (GA) – students complete the majority of their course work at a CNCC campus. More information can be found under the Pre-Dental Hygiene Program Pages. Application Deadline: June 1
- Competitive Entry Process (CE) – students who do not complete their course work at another college are ranked based on three criteria: course work(completion, grades, minimum GPA), dental experience, and references. Application Deadline: February 1st
Competitive Entry (CE)
Application deadline is February 1st
- Apply to Colorado Northwestern Community College (CNCC) – Application for Admission
- Apply to the Dental Hygiene Program – Application Form
- Send Three Reference – Reference Form
- Verify Dental Experience – Dental Experience Verification Form
Terms and Conditions
1. Required Coursework – Applicants MUST have the following courses completed or in progress: BIO 201, BIO 202, BIO 204, CHE (101/102/109), and ENG 121. CNCC Prerequisite Course Descriptions
2. Additional Coursework – These course are required to graduate, but may be taken while in the Dental Hygiene Program. Applicants will be awarded points for completing the following courses prior to entering the program. PSY 101, SOC 101, COM 115, and HWE 100. CNCC Prerequisite Course Descriptions
3. Applicants must earn a minimum GPA of 2.8 and grades of “C” or better on all prerequisite courses.
4. Candidates must continue to meet the GPA criteria (minimum 2.8) after completion of courses in progress or they will forfeit their position.
5. Science Courses (BIO 201, BIO 202, BIO 204, CHE 101/102/109 and HWE 100) must have been completed within the last 7 years prior to the application deadline. General Education Courses (ENG 121, PSY 101, SOC 101, COM 115) must have been completed within the last 10 years prior to the application deadline.
*IT IS THE APPLICANT’S RESPONSIBILITY to confirm that the submitted prerequisite courses qualify for consideration for admission into the Dental Hygiene Program. Confirmation of transfer can be obtained from the registrars office after submission of transcripts. Call 800-562-1105 Ext. 3273 and ask for the Registrar. A limited list of course equivalencies for nearby colleges can be down loaded: Dental Hygiene Education Equivalencies for Transfers (Transfer Matrix)
6. In order to be admitted to or continue in the Dental Hygiene Program, a student must have skills and abilities essential to perform as a dental hygienist. Reasonable accommodations will be made on an individual basis; however the candidate must be able to perform in an independent manner. Please refer to the Performance Standards for Dental Hygiene
7. A student that has been dismissed from the CNCC dental hygiene program for academic reasons may reapply to the program only after meeting with the Program Director to develop and successfully complete an Independent Education Plan (IEP) that adequately addresses the issues related to the primary cause of the dismissal. No additional admission points will be awarded for completing the IEP. However, successful completion of the IEP will enable the student to submit a completed application. The Dental Hygiene Program Director makes all final determinations concerning an applicant’s admission file.
Phone: (800) 562-1105
Phone: (970) 675-3250