Applicants must earn a minimum GPA of 2.8 and grades of “C” or better on all prerequisite courses and general education courses that apply to the Dental Hygiene Associate of Applied Science degree (it’s not a requirement that prerequisite and general education courses be taken at CNCC).
The science grades are weighted more heavily during the application process.
The science courses must be completed within seven years of admission to the Dental Hygiene Program.
- BIO 201 & 202 – Human Anatomy and Physiology I,II
- BIO 204 – Microbiology
- CHE 102 or CHE 109 – General Organic, & Biochemistry
- ENG 121 – English Composition I
The following courses are Prerequisites for the Dental Hygiene Program:
- PSY101, General Psychology
- SOC 101, Introduction to Sociology
- HWE 100, Human Nutrition
- COM 115, Public Speaking
Contact Information – Pre-Dental Hygiene
Phone: (970) 675-3254
Phone: (800) 562-1105