Guaranteed admission to the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program will be granted to students who attend Colorado Northwestern Community College, complete the courses listed below in two consecutive semesters during one academic year, and meet all the terms and conditions outlined below.
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|CHE 101||Introduction to Chemistry I||5||BIO 204||Microbiology||4|
|BIO 201||Anatomy and Physiology I||4||BIO 202||Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|ENG 121||English Composition||3||Gen Ed||Choose COM 115/HWE 100/PSY 101/SOC 101||3|
|Gen Ed||Choose COM 115/HWE 100/PSY 101/SOC 101||3||Gen Ed||Choose COM 115/HWE 100/PSY 101/SOC 101||3|
|HPR 175||Introduction to DH Profession||1||HPR 180||Pre-Dental Hygiene Internship||1|
|Total Credits||16||Total Credits||15|
Terms and Conditions
- Student must declare intent to participate in the program by submitting a Guaranteed Admission Program Application, a Letter of Self‐Recommendation and three Letters of Reference to the Dental Hygiene Program Chair at the beginning of enrollment at CNCC. Application to the GA Program requires a $500.00 deposit, which will be applied to tuition and fees during the first term of enrollment in the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program. This deposit is non‐refundable if the student fails to meet the terms and conditions of the Guaranteed Admission Program.
- Student must demonstrate college readiness in English, Math and Reading through placement testing (Accuplacer, ACT or SAT) to be eligible for participation in the Accelerated Guaranteed Admission Program.
- Students are recommended to have completed BIO 111, General College Biology I, or successfully tested out of the course by completing CNCC’s final examination for BIO 111.
- Guaranteed admission into CNCC’s Dental Hygiene Program is dependent upon successful completion of all courses with a grade of “C” or better. In addition, an earned grade point average of 2.8 or higher on all prerequisite courses and general education courses applicable to the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Dental Hygiene is required for admission to the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program. All classes must be complete and meet these standards by the end of spring semester
preceding admission to the Dental Hygiene Program.
- Prerequisite courses and general education courses applicable to the AAS in Dental Hygiene taken through online delivery or through independent study will not be accepted under the Guaranteed Admission Program.
- A maximum of 6 credits will be accepted in transfer under the Accelerated Guaranteed Admission Program, excluding BIO 201, BIO 202, BIO 204, CHE 101. These science courses must be completed at a CNCC campus.
- HPR 175 and HPR 180 can be waived upon request with evidence of work experience in a dental office. To request a waiver, submit a Verification of Dental Office Experience form (PDF) to the Dental Hygiene Program.
- Student must be in good academic standing to be admitted to the Dental Hygiene Program.
- A student who fails to meet terms and conditions will not be guaranteed admission; however, the student may apply to the CNCC Dental Hygiene program through the general application process and compete with other applicants for a position in the program.
Email: Jay McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Phone: (970) 675-3254