Guaranteed Admission to the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program will be granted to students who attend Colorado Northwestern Community College, earn an Associate of Science Degree over the course of two consecutive academic years, and meet all the terms and conditions outlined below.
First Year Coursework
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|BIO 111||General College Biology I||5||BIO 204||Microbiology*||4|
|ENG 121||English Composition I*||3||MAT 121+||College Algebra (or higher)||3|
|PSY 101||General Psychology*||3||ENG 122||English Composition II||3|
|AH||Arts and Humanities – elective||3||HIS||History||3|
|HPR 175||Introduction to DH Profession||1||HPR 180||Pre-Dental Hygiene Internship||2|
|ELECT||Elective – student choice||2-3|
|Total Credits||17-18||Total Credits||16|
Second Year Coursework
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|BIO 201||Anatomy and Physiology I*||4||BIO 202||Anatomy and Physiology II*||4|
|CHE 101||Introduction to Chemistry I*||5||ELECT||Science Elective||4-5|
|COM 115||Public Speaking*||3||SOC 101||Introduction to Sociology*||3|
|AH||Arts and Humanities Elective||3||HWE 100||Human Nutrition*||3|
|Total Credits||15||Total Credits||16|
*Courses are required by the DH program to graduate with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Dental Hygiene.
Terms and Conditions
- Student must declare intent to participate in the program by submitting a Guaranteed Admission Program Application, a Letter of Self-Recommendation and three Letters of Reference to the Dental Hygiene Program Chair at the beginning of enrollment at CNCC. Application to the GA Program requires a $500.00 deposit, which will be applied to tuition and fees during the first term of enrollment in the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program. This deposit is non-refundable if the student fails to meet the terms and conditions of the Guaranteed Admission Program.
- Guaranteed admission into CNCC’s Dental Hygiene Program is dependent upon successful completion of all courses with a grade of “C” or better. In addition, an earned grade point average of 2.8 or higher on all prerequisite courses and general education courses applicable to the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Dental Hygiene is required for admission to the CNCC Dental Hygiene Program. All classes must be complete and meet these standards by the end of spring semester preceeding admission to the Dental Hygiene Program.
- Prerequisite courses and general education courses applicable to the AAS in Dental Hygiene taken through online delivery or through independent study will not be accepted under the Guaranteed Admission Program.
- A maximum of 15 credits will be accepted in transfer under the Associate of Science Guaranteed Admission Program, excluding BIO 201, BIO 202, BIO 204, CHE 101 and CHE 102. These science courses must be completed at a CNCC campus.
- HPR 175 and HPR 180 can be waived upon request with evidence of work experience in a dental office. To request a waiver, submit a Dental Experience Verification Form to the Dental Hygiene Program
- Student must be in good academic standing to be admitted to the Dental Hygiene Program.
- A student who fails to meet terms and conditions will not be guaranteed admission; however, the student may apply to the CNCC Dental Hygiene program through the general application process and compete with other applicants for a position in the program.
Email: Jay McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Phone: (970) 675-3254