Military and Veterans

Important Information to Know

On-line Developmental Courses

The VA will not pay for online developmental courses (Any class that starts with a 0, (like MAT 050). If you register for these courses, you will be responsible for paying for them and they will not apply toward your housing or stipend from the VA. (On campus developmental classes will be covered.)

Term Date Eligibility

Term dates are reported as they appear in the class schedule. Accelerated courses may affect your eligibility. You can calculate your VA Equivalent Hours for classes that are less than 15 weeks to determine your VA rate of pursuit based on the length of your classes and their credit hours.

VA Benefits Application Process

In addition to completing the application process, please also submit: First Time College Students.

  • Form DD-214 (discharge form)
  • Military Transcripts
  • Certificate of Eligibility (or letter of entitlement from the VA)
    • To obtain your Certificate of Eligibility go to GiBill and fill out the VONAAP (Veterans Online Application and Change of Place or Program).


  • Please send your Form DD-214 and your Certificate of Eligibility to Merrie Byers:


Fax: 970-675-3386 or Mail completed forms.

Once you have been certified, now what?

Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
College Opportunity Fund (COF)
Transferring credits

Mail forms and documentation to:

Admissions & Records
Colorado Northwestern Community College
500 Kennedy Drive
Rangely, CO 81648

For more Information Contact:

rangely badgeonline badgeCraig badge Email: John Anderson – Registrar

Phone: (970) 675-3217

Email: Merrie Byers – Financial Aid Director

Phone: (970) 675-3204